Royan Innovative Technologies Acceleration & Commercialization Center (RITAC)
Royan Innovative Technologies Acceleration and Commercialization Center (RITAC) was established in December 2019 to deepen the ecosystem of value creation and provide the conditions for the growth and development of the mentioned ecosystem components.
- Introduction of Structure
RITAC was created by combining the following centers:
- Royan Institute Commercialization Office:
- Royan Biotechnology Development Center:
- Royan Innovation Center:
Facilitating the conditions for the growth of technologies and planning for the commercialization of products to strengthen and upgrade the ecosystem of innovation and creating knowledge-based value in the field of health and related fields through the creation of effective convergence between actors and actors of the mentioned ecosystem is the duty of the center.
Its main programs are as follows:
- Evaluating related ideas and plans and supporting the process of turning selected plans into business
- Facilitating financing and investment conditions in start-up businesses
- Creating an effective interaction space between technology researchers and the market
- Facilitating the possibility of marketing-related knowledge-based products
- Creating acceleration conditions for ideas and accompanying the owners of ideas to business
- Facilitating production conditions on a higher scale than laboratory scale
- Strengthening, upgrading, and completing the ecosystem that develops and facilitates innovative, technological, and commercialization activities.
- Activating the Open Innovation approach to meet the technological and innovative needs in issues with relative advantage in the field of health
“Transform Innovative Ideas into Commercial Reality“
- The Ecosystem of Creating Value Royan
RITAC's scope of work is a wide range that somehow includes from the beginning to the end of the cycle and its beginning again.
RITAC Phase ǀ :
- Researchers start with the most basic state of the cycle by simply researching.
- Among the conducted researches, those who are closer to technology are further developed by granting funds through the charity investment fund in practical and approved issues.
- After achieving the appropriate development, a feasibility study and a business plan are prepared.
- If the necessary conditions are met, after FS and BP are approved, the project will be submitted to Rooyesh Lotus Fund for financing. Otherwise, it will return to the research cycle for optimization.
- The mentioned plan refers to one of the two technology production centers currently active in Royan, i.e. Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products (ATMP) or Royan Bio-Technology Center (RBC), and it goes through its development until it reaches technical knowledge.
- Ati Tech Company carries out activities related to regulations and food and drug organization.
- After receiving the necessary approvals and licenses from the Food and Drug Organization, Daneshfani will be ready to be released to the market and manufacturing companies.
- Individual projects outside of RBC and ATMP are developed by forming technology cores and finding foreign investors. Finally, they will continue their work by becoming a company and selling the product.
Researchers from Royan Institute or other research and academic centers submit their projects under one of the considered specialized accelerators, which helps to develop the necessary product and finally be offered in the market.
- Companies and Cores in RITAC
The companies and cores present in Royan Biotechnology Center include the following units:
- Royan Stem Cell Technology Company
- Cell Tech Pharmed Company
- Royan Biotech Company
- Royin Tan Cell Company
- Royan Bon Cell Company
- Rooyesh Gene Asa Teb Company
- Royan Ati Tech Pharmed Company
- Dam Spadana Company
- Royan Immune Biotechnology Company
- Rahbar Andishan Sanat Rad Company
- Kian Immune Cell Company
- Hakim Faraz Alborz Kimia Company
- Technology Cores:
- Pharm Gene
- Development of Iranian health management
- Smart Health Research Group
For more information about RITAC center, you can contact us in the following ways:
No. 6, Keshvari Alley., Banihashem Sq., Banihashem St., Qasem Soleimani Expressway (Resalat Ave)., Tehran, Iran